Over a year ago, I started to feel starved. I felt that my spirit was starved. I had such a hunger and craving to have relationships with godly women. To be able to come together over the common bond of Jesus. So...a ball started rolling and I sat idly by and watch the ball roll and gain speed and then, as Asher says, the ball went down, down, down, down.
The last few months I have been DEVOURING devotional books. Lysa TerKeurst is one of my new favorites and of course Beth Moore is phenomenal. I feel so connected with these women that I have never met except on the pages of a book. I long so much to feel that connection with other young women face to face.
The more I have thought about "what I need" in my spiritual walk I realize I have become a spectator in my relationship with Christ and with other Christians. I am waiting for someone else to initiate contact, to start the ball rolling. I am waiting for some spectacular sign that Jesus is present, that he wants to meet with me. I don't need a spectacular sign everyday, I have His Word and His promise that he desires a relationship with me.
I have worked hard for everything I've had in life. My parents provided me with many opportunities, but I had a choice to take advantage of the opportunity or allow it to pass me by. Today, I will chose to take advantage of the opportunities afforded me. I will not let them pass me by. I will chose to wake up each day and be awesome for God's glory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment