12/15/10
It amazes me how a baby with no real means of communication knows exactly how to make you feel better. As I sat on the couch crying because Asher was being particularly difficult to deal with, I explained to him why I was sad and that I knew it wasn't his fault. His eyes turned very serious and he gently touched my face between his two precious little hands. Of course in that moment everything that was bothering me didn't seem to matter anymore, in the moment everything was right with the world and I remembered that I have nothing to complain about. Parenting is probably the hugest challenge life has thrown me and it becomes very easy to "do it on my own." I get so caught up in wanting life to be "normal" and Asher to know how to make himself okay that I could be missing out on little blessings that God is putting before me. I have to learn to find joy in the chatter between crying fits and in the smile that greets me every morning and for the little angel that will be attached to my hip at least until he starts driving.
Thank you Jesus for crying babies and time spent alone with them!
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever" Psalm 136:1
Beyond Blessed,
Jana <><
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment