A True Princess

"Come you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritence, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world." Matthew 25:34

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Love

I've been reading Beth Moore's book Feathers From My Nest. I started not too long after Asher was born, and as busy as he keeps me I've made little progress in it. The most recent chapter I read was about teaching our children/family about God. How He can be woven into every day conversations, how a car ride to the store, church, etc. can be used as teaching time. Those of us He has called to be parents He has also called to be teachers. Beth made such an excellent point about how we can interject God into every activity and every conversation. When we love someone or something we talk about it all the time, we don't even need to think about how we can bring that person or thing into the conversation. If its so easy to bring our children, spouses, jobs and hobbies into a conversation then why do we have to TRY to bring God into the conversation. If we try everyday to fall more in love with the God who loves us enough to sacrifice His own son, His flesh and blood on the cross for our sins it will make this teaching task so much easier.
Beth's chapter on this so spoke to my heart! I know that Asher is not old enough to understand anything I say to him, but if I can make it a habit to tell him about God as a baby how much easier will it be when he's old enough to understand? I know this is so much easier said than done, but it makes you think about how much or how little time we spend getting to know God better.
I guess this is one more goal I can add to my list for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment