My previous post was all about how to love God more so that he will infiltrate every piece of you life and become and easy topic of conversation with your children. I found it so interesting today that Pastor Wally referenced Deut 6:5, which is the beginning of the verse that Beth Moore quoted in her book Feather From My Nest. This must really be something that God is trying to get through my head for it to come up so many times. I know that with such a young little one I am constantly thinking about how I'm really going to raise him. There isn't much raising to be done yet since he doesn't understand anything, but that time will come sooner than I would like. He already has such a curiosity and I hope that he has that same curiousity when he starts learning about God. I pray that he will love him fervently, but I know that I will play a very important role in whether or not he takes interest in it. I've been so challenged by this topic.
5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deut 6:5-9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment