A True Princess

"Come you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritence, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world." Matthew 25:34

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

All on God's Timetable

How do you know when you're making the right decision? How is it possible to be still enough to hear God's voice? How do we know what opportunities to say no to and when to say yes? Do we take what's being placed in our laps or do we wait for something bigger and better to come along?
Decision making has never been something I'm good at, especially now that I have to think about what is best for my family. Of course I want the best for them, but I also want what's best for me and for my career. Career choice would be so much easier if we didn't have a baby to think about now also, if I didn't have to worry about whether or not Kenny could find a job wherever I get a job. Universities are not always in big cities where business is "booming". Well, as booming as it can be in this economy. Do I pass up a job opportunity, waiting for the better one to come along, in the mean time allowing my family to depend on just one income? Do we wait it out and continue living in this constantly shrinking basement?
I've never been very good at being still. I've never been good at patiently waiting to hear God's voice. When I decide I want something I go after it with all I have and I can't wait for the end results. At least I know that God wants what is best for his children, and I know without a doubt that I am a beloved child of God.
So as I wait, impatiently, I will meditate on Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to propser you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment