A True Princess

"Come you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritence, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world." Matthew 25:34

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Life Goes On

I am so thankful that even when we don't chose God's perfect plan for us he still works things out for our good, to bring glory to himself.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  {Romans 8:28}

When I make mistakes, God can use them. When I choose the right thing, God uses it.
It is so hard to know when you're hearing God's voice or when its your own fears, frustrations, anxieties getting in the way. I read recently that so often we spend all of prayer time doing all of the talking and we never take time to stop and listen to what God has to say to us. God's voice is so easy to miss, its so quiet that its easy for my own voice to drown him out. No wonder his word tells us to "be still." His voice is like the barely blowing breeze, gently rustling the leaves of the trees. Sometimes its loud and clear like the winds of a hurricane, but so often it is not that easy to hear.
Its even harder to hear his voice when I have a toddler running around. How do you get time to sit still and listen? How do you find time to meditate on His word? I guess this is where my "time management" skills need to start being used. Its funny I can find time to wake up early and work out to take care of my physical needs, but I don't spend any of that early morning time taking care of my spiritual needs. Hmmm, maybe its time for some change. If I can wake up 30 minutes earlier to get my run in, what's an extra hour to get my spiritual jog on?
So, I'm thankful. Thankful for God's guidance. Thankful for His truths. Thankful for God's Word. Thankful that God can use my "ranting" in this blog to make lightbulbs go off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment