A True Princess

"Come you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritence, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world." Matthew 25:34

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Brand New

So... I am brand new to this blogging thing, but I have several friends who do it. I have always wanted to be able to eloquently put down my thoughts and ideas. I don't know how beautiful my words will be, but I'm sure it will be none the less therapeutic.

I recently re-watched a new favorite movie of mine, Julie & Julia, which inspired me all the more to start this blog. Similar to Julie, I don't care if anyone actually reads the blog, its just nice to get my words out of my head without ever having to say them.

My 3 month old son, Asher Rea, who is the joy of my life is sitting in his rocker trying so hard to blow raspberries. He fails most of the time, but his eyes light up when he finally gets it. He is so full of energy he can't hardly stand it and it is very entertaining for his daddy and I to watch. He is so smart he has figured out that kicking hard enough will propel him out of his bouncer/swing/rocker. Until this revelation of his I was able to sit him down and not worry about whether he would fall out. He is such a big boy and is growing too fast for my "mommy heart" to handle. His first teeth are coming in, the two bottom front. For the most part he has been quite pleasant. The first week we had to alternate Tylenol and Orajel. Then we had a week of nothing, and tonight he decided that they were going to start pushing through again. I'll just be glad when all the drool is gone,. I think it will be weird to look at him and see teeth when he smiles :(  He's just growing up too fast, he might as well be in college already. I've learned very quickly that motherhood turns you into a big sap. I cry at the drop of a hat. Rocking him to sleep at night is the worst because I know I have to put him down and when he wakes up he will be a whole day older. I don't know how mothers leave their babies at home or in day care. I would be so afraid to miss things. What if rolled over, or crawled or took his first step and I wasn't there. I'm so glad that I was able to see his first smile, the first time be sucked his thumb, the first time he grabbed his own feet, the first time he grabbed a toy, his first coos and his first laugh. It takes a much tougher woman than I to go back to work. God has blessed Kenny (my husband) and I with the opportunity to spend most of our day at home with Asher. Things are tough because we are both at home, but we make it. God provides what we need every month. We have food in our mouths and a roof over our head and love abounding :)!

Beyond Blessed,
Jana <><

No comments:

Post a Comment