A True Princess

"Come you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritence, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world." Matthew 25:34

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Date Night

Kenny and I went out to dinner sans Asher for the first time since mid-July. We enjoyed a wonderful Tex-Mex dinner at Gringos. YUMMO! It was like being a teenager again. We laughed and goofed off and didn't have to worry about getting Asher riled up and not being able to calm him down. There was a family sitting at a table near us with a "new" baby, probably two months old. It made us sad that Asher is not that little anymore. He's growing up so fast, it seems like just yesterday we needed to help him hold his head up and be so gentle when putting him into bed for fear of him waking up. Now, he's so easy to get to sleep and is so good at staying asleep. I don't have to go to bed as soon as I put him down because he will sleep all night. It is the biggest relief to know that I don't have to wake up every two hours to feed him. He was so well behaved for Gigi and Tada. He watched half of Toy Story 3 before bath time and dinner and then down for bed. Such a big boy!
Tomorrow will be his first Thanksgiving. His first major holiday. I can't wait for him to taste mashed potatoes! I don't know if he'll like them or not, but he can't have Thanksgiving and not get a little taste of mashed potatoes. Next year he'll get to move on to the turkey. At this time last year I was so oblivious to what was about to happen. I had just had my wisdom teeth out and thought I was having nausea as a side effect of my pain medicine. I took a pregnancy test the day after Thanksgiving and it was positive. I was freaking out! Kenny and I had only been married for 5 months. We learned to deal with it and now we are blessed beyond measure. I wouldn't trade Asher for anything in the world. Its funny how things seem like accidents, but they are really perfect blessings from God. He knew exactly what Kenny and I needed...something to be thankful for!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving

Beyond Blessed,
Jana<><

No comments:

Post a Comment