A True Princess

"Come you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritence, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world." Matthew 25:34

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Educating Baby

Yesterday was Asher's 4 month check up, even though he's not quite 4 months yet. We were given the OK to start feeding him rice cereal. We've had a terrible time with acid reflux and are hoping that the cereal might help keep the milk in his tummy. He has no problem taking it from the bottle, the spoon is a totally different story. He makes a horrible grimace as if its the most disgusting thing that has ever been put in his mouth, moves his tongue around a bit and then spits it out. I don't think he's even swallowing any of it! This is one of the most frustrating thigs I've ever done. I know it is "teaching" him how to eat like a big boy, but shouldn't they already know? I guess I just want to snap my fingers and him be able to eat big boy food. Oh well. I guess until he becomes a pro with a spoon he will have to get some of his cereal in a bottle. If he's anything like I was as a baby he will love fruit and hate veggies. Kenny and I are contemplating buying a baby food cooker. Its a big expense at first, but I know it would save us money in the long run. It may be a little tough for us because of our living arrangements. We have no convenient place in the basement to "make" baby food and running up and down the stairs to clean bottles is a big enough problem. Anyone reading have thoughts/suggestions on this?

Beyond Blessed,
Jana <><

No comments:

Post a Comment